Employment at Glendoick
Job Title: Garden Centre worker
Employer: Glendoick Garden Centre
Place of Work: Glendoick Garden Centre
Hours of Work: In accordance with the terms & conditions contained within your contract.
Reporting to: Manager & Assistant manager, Garden Centre
Hours 10 days out of 14, every second weekend
As a full time staff member, on a daily basis to provide excellent customer service to colleagues, suppliers and customers and to develop opportunities to improve systems in order to maximise income for the business.
You will work closely with other team members to ensure the safe, efficient and effective running of Glendoick Garden Centre.
Your responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Van driving
- Building and construction
- Repairs and maintenance
- Construction of Christmas shop, including safe electrical install of Christmas lighting
- Electrical PAT testing
- Checking and implementation of health and safety
- To deliver customer orders of goods in company van.
- To serve customers at Glendoick promptly and politely and make the most of sales opportunities
- Delivery driving garden centre van, to Fife, Angus and Perthshire and occasionally further afield.
- To operate forklift and pallet truck to comply with all health & safety requirements and to report any maintenance issues to ensure they are kept in good repair. (Training can be provided)
- To assist in maintaining the garden centre stores, car parks and surrounding areas including Sandyhall to ensure that they are clean and tidy at all times and comply with health and safety requirements.
- To receive deliveries. To ensure that deliveries are transported safely to their storage area and that they are stored in such a way to maintain their value, are secured to prevent loss/theft and do not pose a hazard within the garden centre.
- To maintain the Glendoick site, and carry out general repairs.
- Construction of Christmas displays August to September
- To ensure that skip and rubbish areas for the garden centre are maintained in such a way to comply with requirements for disposal of waste and to minimise risk from hazards such as fire/vermin.
- To assist in the stock control of retail areas such as compost, pots & furniture to ensure re-stocking as required.
- To keep clean and tidy areas which you are working. This includes fixtures, fittings etc..
- At certain times of year, work on the tills.
- Furniture area in Spring and summer, build displays and furniture and provide customer service.
- To work in any department at the garden centre as required.
Health & Safety
- To follow the appropriate health & safety systems and procedures at all times.
- To work with colleagues and look for opportunities where you can help out.
At all times you are expected to work as part of a team and be prepared to help out in a willing and positive manner.
All staff are expected to work on the tills and to help out in all departments as required.
- Holder of industry approved fork lift truck certificate or will be trained
- Practical skills: construction, joinery basic electrics
- Experience of warehouse duties or similar (stock receiving, stock take etc.)
- Ability to plan and organise workload
- Experience in checking health, safety and security of the workplace
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills: communication with colleagues & customers in a positive way.
- Clean driving licence
It is possible we may consider a part time/job share for this position if someone with practical skills who wanted to work 3 days a week might be interested in this position.
To apply, please send CV to Annie Kane email@example.com
Future Positons at Glendoick
If you would like your name added to our waiting list for opportunities that may arise in the garden centre (you must be 16 years of age or over) then please send or e-mail a current CV with your previous experience (if any) as well as your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to enquire about employment in the Glendoick cafe then please e-mail: email@example.com